The British Young Shooters’ Association was founded in April 2016 with the sole purpose of increasing participation in shooting among young people. In four years, with the support of the shooting community, our membership has grown to over 300 shooters participating in six disciplines – over 90% of these members are under 25 including many who would otherwise not be able to shoot.
This has put BYSA in a strong position to continue to grow, become more self-sustaining, and ultimately help more young shooters continue to participate in our sport.
As of October 2020, BYSA took on the lease of the former Sit Perpetuum Lodge, Bisley, with the express purpose of renovating it into a modern, state-of-the-art clubhouse, with a comprehensive array of facilities, dedicated to the support of young shooters, Universities and Schools.
If you would like more information on the project, or are interested in receiving news and updates on the renovations as they progress, please visit our dedicated website http://www.sitpetlodge.co.uk/
This would not have been possible without the support of you, the UK shooting community. So, on behalf of the committee and all the members of BYSA, I would like to extend our sincere thanks to all those clubs and individuals who have helped, over the past four years, in getting the Association to this point. In particular:
– National Rifle Association
– Royal Air Force Small Arms Association
– Surrey Rifle Association
– London & Middlesex Rifle Association
– North London Rifle Club
– English XX
– Lee Enfield Rifle Association
– Derby Rifle & Pistol Club
– Army Target Shooting Club
– North Herts Rifle Club
– Marylebone Rifle & Pistol Club
– Bunhill Rifle Club
– Worplesdon Rifle Club
– Wellington College
– HPS Target Rifles Ltd
– Ellesmere Target Sports
– Wentworth Sporting Supplies
– Lacey’s Shooting Services
– East Midlands Regional Range
– ITL Shooting Supplies
– Ammo Zone
– Dauntsey Guns
– All the staff at the NRA for their continued support.
– All those NRA members and individuals, too numerous to mention, who have donated rifles, equipment, and their valuable time and expertise to the Association.
– All those BYSA members who have volunteered their time to help run our events and the Association in general.
– Anyone I may have missed out who has helped us in any way (and there have been a great many over the years, so it is likely).
Without the support of the shooting community, none of this would have been possible. We hope with your continued support we will be able to continue to grow the Association to assist and encourage more young people to continue with the sport of shooting.
Kindest regards & Merry Christmas
British Young Shooters’ Association